The Company has project management experience and expertise in green field and brown field capital infrastructure projects across a broad spectrum within the engineering fraternity.
Even more so, the Directors who represents substantial knowledge (B.Sc. Eng, M.Sc. Eng. (Mech.) and Professional Engineers’ registration Pr. Eng.) , skills and years of experience in handling large scale projects:
- Usuthu-Vaal Government Water Scheme Pumps, Pipelines and Valve design, manufacture (through solid partnerships)/procurement, construction and maintenance work;
- Design and Project Management of new as well as refurbishment projects of ailing pipeline infrastructure for Eskom Hydro and Water department;
- Bulk raw water infrastructure projects entailing pump stations and Substations, with up to 60 km long; DN1000 diameter pipelines; such as the Mokolo Crocodile Water Augmentation project supplying Medupi power Station;
- Welding Administration and Non-destructive Testing technologies for structural and Steam plant boiler steelwork, as well as longitudinal and spiral welded pipes.
- Large scale Mining Surface infrastructure and Underground mining projects, with expertise in design and project implementation of bulk materials handling equipment (conveyor belt systems).
Over and above the intellectual capacity and experience of its employees and partners the company, through its vast network, also has collaboration agreements that ensure access to an adequate resource pool of technical and management expertise in diverse industries, tradesmen, design draughtsmen and adequate infrastructure to carry-out services and projects at an operational level anywhere in South Africa
Engineering and Consulting
This includes scoping conceptual studies, pre-feasibility, feasibility studies, basic development (control budget estimates).
The Design disciplines includes:
- Pump, Valve and Pipeline design (using AFT Modelling, etc.);
- Appropriate sizing and selection of drive Power-packs (motors, gearboxes, couplings, & brakes)
- Selection, sizing and positioning of Water/Fluids handling systems;
- Computational Fluid Dynamics(CFD);
- Ore handling equipment design per Helix or Dunlop (ISO design code 5048 / CEMA); i.e. Conveyor belt system, Vibrating Screens, Crushers;
- MV and HV Transformers, cabling and electrical motors sizing and selection;
- Earthworks (Site preparation, excavation and filling); Concrete Works (Concrete, reinforcements)
The Design package output would include:
- Design Criteria document;
- Design Reports; Specifications;
- Equipment Schedules / DetailedBoQs;
- Drawings (PFDs, P&IDs, Design Drawings).
Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
Lilitha Engineering Solutions (Pty) Ltd has successfully completed various engineering projects within the Civil, Mechanical and Electrical as well as Building Services disciplines in accordance with the table below: